Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Welcome!

My name is Dave O'Gorman. For the past thirteen years I have lived and worked in Gainesville, successfully completing seven full-length manuscripts (both fiction and non-fiction) while simultaneously working full-time as a member of the faculties at Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.

All large-scale creative projects carry one great trap: Just because we have the vision and the initiative to develop the big idea, that doesn't guarantee that we also already know the specific tactics it will take to work productively on that idea all the way through to its completion.

To avoid this pitfall I quietly developed a series of skills for the advancement of my own projects. These included not just the usual time management check-ins, but also a series of more customized exercises for staying on-task with something both daunting and creative. I began meeting regularly with friends and colleagues who had their own creative projects to face -- originally just for the mutual encouragement -- and in time I developed a reputation as the guy to see when it's time to get down to the business of finishing.

Over time the tools I've brought to these meetings have been progressively customized not just to the specific type of project the other person is attempting, but also tailored to that person's work habits, energy level, time frame and personality. Think of me as a "personal trainer of the mind," as it were: The person you can call on when grappling with the completion of a Ph.D. dissertation, an art commission, a novel or a screenplay.

For a free initial consultation please send me an e-mail with the word *productivity* in the subject line, or call me at area code three five two, two seven five, seven zero four zero. Multiple reference-testimonials are available. 

Thanks for visiting and I look forward to working with you.
Dave O'Gorman

No comments:

Post a Comment